It’s sexy Tuesday, folks! Not really but what else should I call it? :D
B&W or Color?
Which one do you like?
Photos by Harmony Sage, edited by me.
New photo folks from my Goddess series. What you think?
My definition of badass.
Pre-order your copies of @shan_e_green’s Killer Instinct! Female teen Dexter, anyone? Read the first 6 chapters on wattpad.com/segreenauthor and get hooked.
Get it? Hooked? Oh boy.
You merged your souls when you were both children. I could not have loved Will so much if I had not loved you as well. And I could not love you as I do if I had not loved Will as I did.
I just love seeing my stuff reblogged. I just love the fandom.
We love TV show recaps, especially when they’re for our favorite series! We are readers after all—watching TV is apparently not enough for us. :) We’re so excited and proud to welcome our own Morgan Rhodes, author of Falling Kingdoms and Rebel Spring, as our Game of Thrones guest recapper! Last night was the premiere of season 4 and, well, we’re off to the races! Catch Morgan’s recap below:
Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Recap
First things first: My Game of Thrones name is Khaleesi Morgansa Clegane “The Little Lion”. Get your own GoT name here!
At long last, season four of Game of Thrones has arrived! Sound the trumpets and sharpen your swords! I have been a fan of the first three seasons and look forward to this new one full of blood and betrayal.
I’ll admit that I haven’t read the series (despite the first three books ready and waiting on my e-reader) since I don’t want to be spoiled. And, yes, the Red Wedding was an absolute shock for me too! Plus, since my own epic high fantasy series FALLING KINGDOMS has been called “Game of Thrones for Teens,” I want to avoid being overly influenced by any future plot points beyond the feel and grit and jaw-dropping twists of the fantastic HBO series.
That said, here are some highlights of episode 4.1: “Two Swords.”
The opening credits of Game of Thrones are stunning, as always. The shifting, dimensional map – which always reminds me of an epic Lego set – along with that great theme song is something I never skip. Bah buh ba-ba-ba buh ba-ba bahhhh.
2) Tyrion. He’s the best, isn’t he? That is all.
3) We meet Prince Oberyn. He seems like a jerk, bent on revenge for his sister’s rather horrific demise, which he blames on the Lannisters (everything, I think, can be blamed on the Lannisters). Apparently, he becomes a big player in the series.
4) Jamie’s looking good again – all cleaned up and coifed. Somebody give the man a hand! Err, never mind. His sister/girlfriend Cersei laters him, though. She wants him to beg for her forgiveness for taking so long to come back to her. Bitch, please. I can’t believe I’m defending Jamie since I used to really hate him.
5) Cersei deeply enjoys her wine to get her through the stresses of being Cersei. I can appreciate that. *makes note to go to wine store today*
6) “Hey Jon. Whacha on trial for?” “Wildling stuff.”* I wasn’t really paying attention at this point, but Kit Harington is really pretty, isn’t he?
*not actual dialogue, but it totally could have been.
7) Dani continues her endless journey with her massive new army trailing behind her. Where and what and how often do all these people eat? Are there plenty of McDonald’s along the way?
8) The Hound really likes chicken. And you’d better get him some. Now.
9) Aria gets her revenge on Polliver and retrieves the adorably lethal “Needle.” Also, she seems to have become rather blood-thirsty and a-okay with killing (bad) people. I’m okay with this, but the girl kinda scares me now.
10) King Joffrey’s ridiculous ‘warrior’ statue made me laugh. That kid needs to die an appropriately horrible death. Jack Gleeson is absolutely fantastic in the role, and I hate hate hate (love to hate) his character! Does this kid have ANY redeeming qualities?
Some of my favorite quotes from this episode:
"You think I’d let that old lecher put his hands on me? He smells like a dead cat." –Cersei
"You’re a talker. Listening to talkers makes me thirsty" –The Hound
“You spend enough time putting the hammer to people, you start to feel like a carpenter making chairs. Drains the fun right out of it.” –Polliver
“Your mother, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed, but I admired her.” –Tyrion
“Dragons, Khaleesi, can never be tamed. Not even by their mother.” –Jorah
“F*ck the king.” –The Hound
Catch Game of Thrones Sunday nights at 9 PM on HBO and visit www.FallingKingdoms.com for more about Morgan’s series!
Best line of last night’s GOT!